We all find us in the situation where we struggle to keep ourselves motivated for weight loss or to keep ourselves healthy. I guess food is a distraction when you start to find comfort in it, which is OK because we are only humans, aren’t we? My remedy for this doesn’t guarantee a 100% solution but you will start to see less of those days when you feel demotivated if you add this in your lifestyle.
Psyllium husk | Weight loss Remedy | Guide for consumption
Psyllium husk is acquired from a plant group classified as genus Plantago and is completely consumable by every category of diet people choose to adapt in their lives. It is actually the best fibre intake choice for people who prefer vegan and those who choose keto diet. Isabgol is used in many home remedies due to its immense features and is a must in every South Asian home. However, in this blog I will only project its benefits in weight loss.
WHAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSES OF WEIGHT GAIN?
- We don’t understand what our body needs to function right and then fail to incorporate its basic necessities.
- The time of food intake is crucial.
- We only eat to fill our appetite as a result of which we loose control on the amount of food in our plates.
- No knowledge of Significance of water intake in converting food into its soluble form which in-turn keeps food in stomach for longer and that causes acid re-flux.
- We leave it entirely on our digestive system to do rest of the work and not recognise the fact that our body needs to be active. In that case bloating occurs which is the root cause of indigestion.
- Fibre is the essential part of diet which can be easily miss out if we don’t care for our health.
- Well food is much more than just filling up and enjoying the taste. We can have both and still be in good shape if we perceive the right meaning of it. Consuming psyllium husk incorporates all the above-mentioned complications.
WHY PSYLLIUM? HOW IT WORKS?
Psyllium or Isabgol is enriched with soluble fibre and insoluble fibre. Hence, its great for emulsification process of digestion and absorption of food. It produces a a covering of jelly like layer around it when its dissolved in water which aids in further breakdown of food that we chewed and slipping it down through the track.it assists in bowel movement and the aftermath is detoxification. calorie count of Psyllium husk is very low which is a plus if you are watching your calories for weightless and for keeping it maintained.
I tb of psyllium husk = 20 calories ONLY!
Due to the expansion of husk and forming jelly like layer, the stomach feels fuller for long term and keeps the hunger in control and prevent from excessive snacking between the meals.
Psyllium husk possess vast advantages over health and well-being, Weight loss happens to be just one of those.
GUIDE TO USAGE OF PSYLLIUM FOR WEIGHT LOSS
You will require tb of psyllium husk and few drops of lemon mixed in 1 glass of warm water.
RIGHT TIME TO CONSUME
This will be effective empty stomach for weight loss. So, either drink it first thing in the morning or before meal time.
P.S. always take guidance from your doctor before practising anything in your lifestyle for weight loss and as they say “Excess of everything is bad.” Learn to keep it balance. Excess amount cannot give you fast results.